In 2023, there’s one technology that’s really been blowing people’s minds – generative AI. Businesses are going crazy for it and they’re ramping up their hiring efforts to find the best talent in this field. Some companies are even turning to contract workers to fill any gaps and make sure they have a strong AI team in-house. According to Upwork, the freelance work marketplace, AI is the fastest growing category this year, with generative AI job posts increasing over 1000% in Q2 2023 compared to the end of 2022. And it’s not just job posts, searches for AI have also spiked by over 1500% during the same time period.
Of course, with all this talk about AI taking over jobs, you would think that companies would be hesitant to hire more people. But the Upwork Research Institute found that 49% of hiring managers actually plan to bring on more independent workers and full-time employees to meet the demand for AI skills. And get this – 64% of C-suite executives said they’re planning to hire more professionals in every job title because of generative AI technology. It’s a true hiring spree!
So, what skills are these companies looking for exactly? Upwork took a deep dive into their platform’s data to find out the most sought-after AI skills on the market. Here are the top 10 generative AI skills companies are searching for:
1. ChatGPT: This is the big one. ChatGPT is the most searched generative AI skill on Upwork. It’s being used across industries for content generation, task automation, translation, on-demand learning, technical support, and more. Basically, companies want people who can leverage ChatGPT to achieve their business goals.
2. Natural language processing (NLP): NLP is all about helping computers understand human language better. It’s used to improve chatbots, AI assistants, automation, and other tasks. Companies need experts in text preprocessing, sentiment analysis, language modeling, and other areas to make AI-generated conversations feel more natural and less robotic.
3. TensorFlow: This is a machine learning framework developed by Google. It’s used to build and train machine learning models and neural networks. TensorFlow is in high demand across industries and job roles like machine learning engineer, AI product manager, and data scientist.
4. Image processing: AI is being used to analyze and process images, making it a valuable skill to have. It’s used in industries like healthcare for analyzing medical imaging from MRI and CT scans. Relevant roles include image processing engineer and quality control analyst.
5. PyTorch: This open-source machine learning library helps organizations build and train deep learning models and neural networks. It’s known for its flexibility and easy-to-use framework.
6. AI content creation: Companies are turning to generative AI for content creation, but sometimes the results can be clunky or awkward. That’s why professionals who can effectively prompt AI engines and edit AI-generated content are in high demand.
7. Midjourney: This is a generative AI service that creates images based on natural language prompts. It’s being used to create custom ads and as an alternative to searching for inspiration on Google Images.
8. AI chatbot: AI chatbots are everywhere these days, especially in e-commerce and customer service. Companies need professionals who can test, debug, deploy, and integrate chatbot services.
9. Model tuning: This is the process of adjusting and fine-tuning machine learning models to improve their performance and efficiency. It’s crucial for creating quality consumer-facing products and services.
10. Stable Diffusion: This deep learning model produces high-quality artwork and images based on user prompts. It continuously learns from user inputs to improve its outputs over time.
And there you have it, the top 10 generative AI skills that companies are looking for right now. This technology is taking the world by storm, and if you’ve got these skills, you’re in high demand. So get out there and start capitalizing on the generative AI craze!